[DeTomaso] Swapping Clutch Maser - HELP

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu May 19 00:14:36 EDT 2011

How essential is the boot on the clutch master?  the old one is trashed, but
I suppose the plunger could still be unscrewed from the clevis from the
trunk side, and the new boot installed that way while the mater is out of
the way.

Other gotcha is that some body must have fiddled with this one before as the
only thing holding the pin in on the "hidden" since is what feels like some
thin wire pushed through the cotter or whatever is on the end of that pin.
The pin moves back and forth a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised to find it's
worn as well.  I can't see well enough up into the well to tell what the
gizmo holding the end of the pin is.  Not familiar with circlips.

Mike

  _____