[DeTomaso] Battery Drain

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:21:45 EDT 2011

Will,

.5 amps is NOT normal, even for a Pantera!

Grin.

There is a process to troubleshoot electrical problems, and many ways to investigate.
Recently the registry was updated with some photos of your car, and it LOOKS great, so I
am presuming you know at least a little about troubleshooting electrical stuff.

I suggest you start by adding one of those battery clamp/cable connectors with the (green
?) knob that allows you to disconnect the battery (negative side) when needed.

One easy method to trouble shoot is to disconnect all the fuses at the panel, and then
connect a test light (looks like an ice pick with a light bulb in the handle) between the
car and the battery cable (so any drain thru the test light will cause it to glow.).

If there is no light (power drain) with every fuse disconnected, that is good, as it means
power that does not go thru the fuse panel is not the source of your problem.

Then, connect each fuse, one at a time, to see which causes the test light to glow...

More ?

Chuck