[DeTomaso] Oil Smoke From Breathers

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Wed May 18 11:37:14 EDT 2011

Dan,
Unless you are running super thin oil like 0W-30 replacing the synthetic oil with non-synthetic would be a total waste of time.
What weight are you running?

Was this engine professionally built, or did you do it yourself?
IIRC it is professionally built street motor and the builder said this is normal.
If so, it is nonsense.
Take the car to a respected mechanic in your area and ask him if it is "normal".
I suppose if the engine is a full race motor with minimal oil control rings it would have more blowby than a street motor, but what you described is way out of line for a street motor.

If what I have written is true the builder is just failing to admit he messed up and stand behind his work

Jim