[DeTomaso] tires and wheels

John Bentley gndplne at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 17:44:44 EDT 2011

Listers,

TPR is working hard to find parts for Peter-The-German's Pantera.  One of the missing pieces we need is tires and wheels.  Peter has a set of Campy's, but we all know how difficult it is to find rubber for those.  So, we are starting to look for the cheapest solution that would allow running in the Touring group at SilverState in September (where we hope to have at least 10 Panteras) and still be decent for running around town (no race tires).  They don't have to be fancy, they just need to work.

So, does anyone have any recommendation for steel or other cheap wheels in a size (diameter, offset, width) that would allow us to also find suitable V-rated DOT road tires to fit the normal narrow-body Pantera?

JB