[DeTomaso] Stiff springs and 1" sway bars! (was Re: De AnzaAutocross)

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue May 17 02:30:29 EDT 2011

This is not correct Mike. It's true for a swing arm suspension but not a
double A-arm suspension. The leverage will change but the reference
distance is not the center of tire to chassis mounting point, it's
center of tire to virtual rotation center for the suspension. This
distance is much bigger than the A-arm length so the change in ratio is
much lower. In an equal length parallel arm system the wheel offset
would theoretically have no impact at all on the wheel spring rate.

Tomas