[DeTomaso] Stiff springs and 1" sway bars! (was Re: De Anza Autocross)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 16 20:57:51 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/16/11 2:12:05 PM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> I have seen a couple of the hollow bars snapped in two where the float
> washer is welded on, which maybe be more to do with the welding process than
> the hollow bar.

Actually, I think it is the welds, which is why my 4130-bars don't use
welds. My bar travel-limiters are clamp-on style. Most Pantera suppliers no
longer sell hollow bars due to breakage & warranty problems. Brazing might
work.... but its very little more trouble to make clamp-on limiters if you're
gonna make the bars anyway. FWIW- J DeRyke