[DeTomaso] Milodon Oil Pan Gaskets, and installing oil pan gaskets

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 12:04:04 EDT 2011

> Then comes the fun of sticking the new gasket UP against gravity and
> getting the holes aligned--and then placing the oil pan without knocking
> the gasket out of alignment----against gravity.

I have a set of special studs that I use on oil and transmission pans when
fighting gravity.  They are tapered and spring loaded.  Screw them in at
least the four corners and you can just push the pan into place and the
studs will hold the pan (and gasket) in place while you screw the bolts in
the rest of the holes.  Then unscrew the studs and replace with bolts.
I inherited these so I'm not sure where one would buy a similar set.

Dan Jones