[DeTomaso] Milodon Oil Pan Gaskets, and installing oil pan gaskets

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun May 15 11:48:00 EDT 2011

Dear Ken,

            I just did this job on a friend's Pantera last Labor Day.  I
used a lift.  There was a removable crossmember.  It was tedious and took
longer than expected.  The Milodon oil pan gasket sounds good.

            It isn't that hard to scrap off gasket and schmutz.  It just
takes time and is tedious.  Then comes the fun of sticking the new gasket UP
against gravity and getting the holes aligned--and then placing the oil pan
without knocking the gasket out of alignment----against gravity.   I think
that Tom Monroe and Julian's method is very reasonable.  I would add that
the oil pan gasket job is so much easier when done with the engine on an
engine stand and upside down.  Sigh.
The good news is that the repair job has worked and no more leaks.

                     Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles