[DeTomaso] PV Concours - A few good (great?) DeTomasos needed....

rimov at charter.net rimov at charter.net
Fri May 13 10:55:08 EDT 2011

To any one interested, this was one of the best shows Cathy and I ever
attended. The 18 hour drive to Palos Verdes was the longest and funest
drive Cathy and I ever took in the car. The show is a kick, every type
of car you can think of are often in attendance and the workers treat
you like you like royalty. The grounds are stunning.

The one cavot of the show is you may have to show what your car is
really made of. When Cathy and I were leaving the local police stopped
us at the exit and radio the other patrol officers on duty for the event
that they had a situation at the entrance and to block all incoming
traffic. All incoming traffic was block immediately for several blocks
on either side of the grounds and we were instructed to proceed at great
prejudice. As law abiding citizens we were incline to follow the
officers instructions and proceed at great haste to the instructed
designation where several officers were awaiting with dark shades and
crossed arms.

High fives and thumbs up greeted once the smoke cleared the tree lined
road and the panic of young children and women subsided.

Barkley, not the dog, and his wife were an absolute kick to spend time
with as well and opened up their home and garage to us. If you spend any
time with the Barkleys be very careful of his lemon schnapps, killer
stuff, that can quickly put you on your lips.

Cheers

Paul