[DeTomaso] Last Call - LEDs

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri May 13 08:31:12 EDT 2011

Pantera owners

Last Call.  I presently have 16 orders for LED Kits.  I will be placing the orders with our vendors on Wednesday the 15th so that I can have them for Reno Fun Rally.  Our pricing to you is based on the volume discount that we are able to pass along.  We could not match this price purchasing LEDs for one kit at a time.  So if you would like a Kit, now is the time to place your order prior to purchase.  The LEDs in this kit are fabulous.  As an example, a competitor uses 8 LEDs per unit for each color of light output in the front blinker housing.  Our kit uses 48 high intensity LEDs in the unit facing multidirectionally.  It really is quite impressive.  We have some pics at our website: www.spacecitypanteras.com  Click the "For Sale" link on the right and then  "LED Conversion"

These kits are a pain for us to source and put together which is why our last kits were packaged two years ago.  If demand warrants it, we'll do this again: otherwise, this may be your last opportunity for some time.  Let me know.

Product info:

The fourth generation exterior Space City LEDs are now available for your Pantera.  Our previous generation LED kits were assembled in 2009.  I contacted our vendors to let them know that we were piecing additional kits and inquired as to whether their had been meaningful advances in LED technology over the last two years.  The response was a resounding "YES" and Space City ordered several new LED designs to test them in our favorite car.  The result is that we are impressed with a couple of the new style LEDs we tested.  Of course, an advantage to any LED is that they're at least as bright as the incandescent bulbs, require minimal current from the electrical system and generate no heat to discolor or damage your lenses over time.

The new LEDs that we selected to fit the blinker and brakelight do a better job filling those housings with light, and therefore, the LEDs take full advantage of the housing's reflective surfaces.  The rear back-up light is brighter than the incandescent as well.  These taillights with these new LEDs do not lose brightness as one walks off center to the side.   Another advantage that we like is that the new LED styled brakelight fits the housing cleanly with out brackets or deformation of the housing.  Of course, there is a drawback - cost.  The new LEDs are significantly more expensive requiring a price increase.

Our fourth generation Space City LED Kit costs $240.  The kit includes the LED flasher, diode & pigtail wiring to ensure turn indicator light operates, front and rear blinkers, side marker lamps, brakelights and back-up lights.  A GT5s kit is also available and adds the white LEDs for the shared front blinker housing; the GT5s kit is $285.

We will also offer an upgrade kit for current owners of a Space City LED kit who would like to upgrade to latest LED technology.  This kit will include the new front and rear blinkers, brake lights and back-up bulbs.  Price $190

In addition, we will also offer the Space City Taillight kit.  This kit offers the rear brake lights and rear blinker only for $130.  A new flasher is not necessary if incandescent bulbs remain in the front blinker housings.

Delivery in Reno is free at the Rally, else $5 to the US and actual cost outside the continental US.  If you choose to pay via PayPal, add $6.50 for PayPal fee.

We are updating our www.spacecitypanteras.com website to show this new package details. Click the "For Sale" link on the right and then  "LED Conversion"

Let me know if we can build a set for you.

1) We need to know the type of rear lens that you have.  Standard or Gp4

2) The color of your rear blinker lens - red or amber.

3) The color of your front blinker lens - most are amber, a few are white.  GT5's are amber and white.

4) Your address if you want them shipped

Thanks
JT