[DeTomaso] PV Concours - A few good (great?) DeTomasos needed....

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 03:02:29 EDT 2011

Once again I've been asked to help identify some worthy DeTomaso
candidates for this year's Palos Verdes Concours D'Elegance. And I need
your help! Frankly, I don't know of any DeTomasos that meet the strict
Concours requirements, but hopefully one or more of you do!

http://pvconcours.com. Sunday, September 18, 2011. Entry is by
invitation only.

This event has arguably become the premier concourse event in So.
California. It is held at the Trump National Golf Course on the Palos
Verdes Peninsula and they like to think they are approaching Pebble
Beach in significance.

Previously, in recent years, we've had about 10 cars entered in each of
two event in special "Modified" Pantera classes. We came and the crowds
loved us.

This year is different (and more difficult). The Class is
Class XIX	Mid Engine European Sports Cars
http://pvconcours.com/classes.php

It's difficult because a real Concours is for "unmodified" cars. When is
the last time you saw an unmodified Pantera? And we'll be competing with
other pre 1985 classics such as the Miura, Countach, various Ferraris,
and others.

So, for DeTomaso, this means Pantera, Mangusta, and the Vallenlunga. The
problem, of course, is finding Concours quality unmodified cars. They'd
like at least one of each but there could be more. I suggested an early
era Pantera and a GT5-S along with a Mangusta (at least) should be
considered. If a Vallenlunga could be found, that would be great too.

So, again, I need your help. Really great cars will not be easy to find.
If you don't know of one, maybe a DeTomaso friend of yours does. Get on
the phone!

And back to me ASAP!

Thanks,
Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera <atsign> earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera