[DeTomaso] Early heater control valve leak

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 08:27:41 EDT 2011

I have removed the leaky heater control valve from Georges #2272. It is one of the early style valves with the round actuating rod. Distinctly different from the version in my #7102 with the flat lever actuator.
The leak is from a failed seal around that rod. More like a seep, it emitted a slow but steady drop every fifteen plus minutes.
I disassembled it. I thought I'd heard the early valves can be repaired by replacing an O ring but the thing looking back at me from inside the valve body doesn't look like that. I think I see a small seal pressed into a bore?
Is there a replacement part to seal that little rod?
Thanks,
Larry.