[DeTomaso] Alternator Firewall Kit - Belay my last

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun May 8 16:15:18 EDT 2011

Never mind, solved the problem.
Thanks

From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of Mike Thomas
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 12:18 PM
To: detomaso at realbig.com; 'Kirk Evans'
Cc: chris_papendorf at yahoo.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Alternator for Kirk Evans Flat Firewall Kit

I'm doing the final installation of my KRE Flat Firewall kit, and while the
mock up fit fine on the front of the engine while out of the car, the
alternator I have will simply not fit in it's new location: I can't even get
close to getting it in position to bolt up.  The cross section from pulley
to back is just too thick to get past frame, coolant pipe, etc.

Is there a particular alternator that's smaller in size that works best for
this mod?  Hate to surplus a perfectly good alt, but if she don't fit, she
don't fit.

Thanks
Mike Thomas