[DeTomaso] LEDs - approaching last call!

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sat May 7 14:36:58 EDT 2011

Larry wrote:
 John Taphorn wrote -
Let me know if we can build a set for you.
1) We need to know the type of rear lens that you have.  Standard or GT5
--------------------------
I'm a bit confused about this distinction on the tail light lenses.
By "standard" I assume you mean the red-red-clear style found on the Ford cars,
nd often upgraded to the amber-red-clear European version of that lens.

>>>Amber/red/clear lights were used on European Panteras, i.e. GT5.  But I suspect John
just brain-farted here again and meant to say "Group 4" taillights instead of GT5.
>But when you say "GT5", are you referring to what most of us call the Group 4
tyle?

>>>Probably.

While some of the GT5 cars might have come with that style,
 did not think all GT5 were so equipped. With all the conversions around, that
s perhaps a bit unclear to me.

>>>You're right.  Virtually all GT5 and GT5-S Panteras came from the factory with red
brake lights, amber turn signals and clear reverse lights, but the lenses were oriented
the same way as the typical US lights.
>And by the way, there are some red-red-clear Group 4 (GT5) lenses out in Pantera
and; I've sold at least three sets so far.