[DeTomaso] WANTED :Meriah fans and door glass

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Fri May 6 23:01:29 EDT 2011

When my father ran the great race, it was common for guys to put bug
sprayers on the outside floorboards to spray on the radiators. In the
dry hot climate they would get a huge temperature drop from the
evaporating air. Going through states at a 110 degrees in cars 75+ years
old the only way they could keep them from overheating is by spraying
water on the radiator.

That is like the swamp coolers in Phoenix. They work in phoenix but not
in humid states because the temp drop is from evaporation. There is not
much evaporation in Indiana but Phoenix in the summer they are very
effective.

Having said that, neither is relating to the transfer of heat from a
radiator (not being sprayed with water) albeit a moist or dry climate.

Gary