[DeTomaso] 4 bolt ZF's?

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 12:20:42 EDT 2011

Thanks to the dozen or so emails I'm getting off line. I am getting mixed
messages, but I think I'm getting an idea or so of what this means. So it's
likely a dash 1 early ZF, and some mounting bolts where different mostly at
the rear, and the gearing is supposed to be different. I don't get know what
he wants for it but I'm finding out. Also Ive had a few say the gearing is
different inside, is there an online source where I can check on that? Is
the gearing more or less desirable? i.e. geared higher or lower or changes
to overdrive?

Obviousy Butfoy or someone could tell me but I'd like to read up on it if
possible so I don't bug those guys with mindless chatter. (hoping mindless
chatter is more appropriate here  ;)

I'll check Pantera Place and a few things..thanks again for any thoughts you
have. As soon as I figure out if I have any interest in it or his other
items he is offering up for sale, I'll be happy to forward the contact
information to anyone on the list...I'm chasing down a few other items he is
offering for sale...hope to know something by the end of the day.

Cullen

Subject: 4 bolt ZF's?

Friends of the list,

In my travels and snooping around I have come across what is being
represented as a "very early 4 bolt ZF" out of a Pantera. I didn't get a lot
of info on it yet.and I have no specific need for it but does it have value?
I guess I don't understand how this works. We're there 4 bolt bellhousing
patterns on early 351C's? Am I misunderstanding the usage of "bolt pattern"?

Thanks,

Cullen