[DeTomaso] Turn Signal & Hazard Switch woes

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 02:28:31 EDT 2011

Ih have had some intermittent problems with my turn signals not functioning which turned out to be the hazard switch. I fiddled around with the hazard switch and they started functioning, then after a short while the turn signal flasher unit (Hella electronic type) started just constantly buzzing. I tried a std Bosch unit from one of the other Pantera's and it clicks really fast, still no turn signals.

So I changed out the hazard switch.... same problem, no turn signals and the flasher relay just buzzes. Then thinking I might have toasted the flasher relay I tried it in the other car and it works fine, so now I'm a bit stumped? Will low voltage or bad ground cause the flasher relays to run fast or buzz? Any other ideas?

I know the hazard switch has a plethora of wires and other stuff connected to it as at one point my center console lights came on?

Thanks,
Julian