[DeTomaso] NPC - Where are vehicles made.

Szwab,Konrad,HOUSTON,IT Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Mon May 2 17:02:37 EDT 2011

Thank you. I had some discussions with coworkers displaying proud American stickers on Toyotas while picking on my 6 Firebirds age, which shows (87-95). Of course, the '88 stick shift Firebird would blow out of the water the rice burners, but that is another sore spot.

I believe cars greatly mirror the culture that produced them. I admire the American qualities those older cars have and prefer my uncomfortable and cranky monsters vs. the plush ratty ones that scurry away when they hear the roar of those old V8's.

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On Behalf Of Larry Finch
Sent: 2011-05-02 15:55
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] NPC - Where are vehicles made.

I swore an oath of allegiance when I became a citizen and it means something to me.
------------

Thank You, Konrad!

As I (Yes, a proud Union man) have been saying for years, what you need to do is follow the money.

The second largest, after our homes, purchase most of us make is our vehicles.  We DO have a choice
which ones we buy.

While the distinction is getting more clouded every year, and some 'foreign' marques are put together
in the States, where the home company came from and/or is based is what drives my choices.

There are PLENTY of good choices sticking with the Big Three.

As for the patriotism discussion, one of my views on THAT is -

Proud Americans BUY American.

Larry - What are YOU driving?