[DeTomaso] Brake Fluid

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 2 15:42:22 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/2/11 12:16:03 PM, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> In what order do I bleed the brakes, and do I bleed the uppers or lowers
> first? (the Wilwoods have 2 bleed screws)

ALL the bleeders should be on top or you will never get all the air out. My
Wilwoods have both bleeders on top. If one screw is on the bottom, that
caliper is assembled wrong. If both are on the bottom, the caliper is mounted
upside-down. Usual practice is to do the furthest-away screw first (the
outside one), then the inner screw. Banging the caliper with a plastic hammer
while bleeding loosens little air bubbles so they come out of the bleeder
easier. I also replaced all the bleed screws with Speed-bleeders- including the
clutch so I could do the job alone. Not a very fun job but essential- good
luck- J DeRyke