[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 80, Issue 31-Hard Launches

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 20:15:38 EDT 2011

Mikey, Mikey,
Remember I used to carve the cones
for many years.. going sideways is always
easy and getting within inches is like
a mile in autocrossing

I went to an event years ago and we had
a guest speaker on Saturday night
he was a pro instructor and former race
driver (aren't they all)

He told us about a time when he was showing
a group how to go thru the cones fast but smooth
the car clipped one and it went up in the air and came
down inside the marked box... pure luck on his part
but everyone thought he did it on purpose

I did my little sideways thing the other night in the
firechicken but forgot to turn on the vacuum pump
for the brakes- new item on the car for the new motor
I almost put it thru the fence.. manual brakes worked
but not like I thought they were going to

So sideways was not the problem

Benson