[DeTomaso] MME ARE YOU CRAZY? DON'T DO IT!

clewis at dmn.net clewis at dmn.net
Wed Mar 30 09:04:38 EDT 2011

I can't believe that anybody here would think about putting an MME engine in their Pantera after my experience.  I guess I have to post it back up on a regular basis for the
newbies.

Bottom line is that I paid alomst $21,000 for 427 Clevor from MME and after less than 1200 miles it broke.  It was snapping off the tail side of the Jesel Shaft rocker arms.

A detailed analysis of the parts used was performed by Jesel (I have an 18 page report from Jesel if anybody wants a copy.).  The Jesel report details what the issues, all of
which point to builder errors in parts selection (Like using valve springs that were generating 800 -1000 lbs of force at full lift, when the cam only called for 500 lbs at full
lift)or set up(overtorqing the adjusters on the rocker arms, failing to properly shim the valve springs).  This resulted in a valve train that was completely out of control.

When the engine was disassembled additional damage was found.  One lobe of the cam was grooved and second lobe was starting to groove, two lifters destroyed due to the excessive
valve spring pressure.

To add insult to injury they charged me almost $900 for a set of custom vlave covers that they botched and refused to fix.  Pictures of those valve covers and more details are
posted on RIP OFF REPORT.

You can find my post on RIP OFF REPORT here:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-parts/mckeown-motorsport-e/mckeown-motorsport-engineering-8b2e8.htm

I would encourage anybody thinking about using MME to contact me first.

Chris Lewis
clewis at dmn.net