[DeTomaso] Overseas Insurance

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 16:26:24 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/28/11 11 56 42, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> We're trying to plan a driving trip in Italy later this year. Does anyone
> know of an insurance co that would insure the Cat's for 2 weeks of
> driving.
> Haggarty is way too much and Thum won't do it. Any other suggestions?

Grundy will do it, and there are others too.

You might also be able to arrange insurance through your chosen transport
company.   The owner of CARS UK is an acquaintence of mine; his company is
the largest speciality car shipping company in Europe.   They handle all the
overseas traffic for Pebble Beach, Monterey, and from the USA to Europe for
Le Mans Classic, Mille Miglia, Goodwood etc.   His name is Richard Clark, and
his company is CARS (Classic Auto Relocation Service).

http://www.carseurope.net/

I would venture to guess that his shipping service might be more expensive
than the budget, cut-rate, fly- (or sail-)by-night operations.   But they
may also be able to offer painless one-stop shopping that would handle all
the transportation, customs, and insurance issues for you.