[DeTomaso] Overseas Insurance

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:17:41 EDT 2011

That's the easy part.

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but physically shipping a car across
the ocean is actually quite easy and reasonably priced.

I shipped my old '72 Pantera from NY to Le Havre, France for roughly $750.
The process was easier than applying for a library card.

Shipping from Le Havre, France to Long Beach, CA was longer and more
expensive - 30 days and $1000.

Mike Drew shipped his GT350 clone to the UK and found the experience not
terribly traumatic.

I throw this out there so that people know that the process is not as hard
as you might think, nor as expensive as I thought it would be... It isn't
out of the question to ship a car across the pond for a once-in-a-lifetime
experience, like Le Mans Classic for example!!

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"