[DeTomaso] Tire pressure

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Mar 26 12:34:54 EDT 2011

>From an engineering point of view I can't see how 2 vs 3 bar can make any
noticable difference in how much the center of the tread expands at speed.
What keeps the tire from balooning is the cords inside the tire, not how
much the sidewalls pull on the tread edges. Remember that the air pressure
on the tread section also increases when you raise the tire pressure. An
inflated inner tube shows you what happens when rubber and air are left on
their own to decide what shape to assume.

Tomas