[DeTomaso] New contact info for Don Byars

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Wed Mar 23 19:57:56 EDT 2011

Julian,

Don Byars is a mechanic and knows Panteras as well as anyone. If I'm not
mistaken, at one time or another, he worked for both Hall and Wilkinson. He
does everything from changing oil to ground-up restorations. He's a very
friendly guy, always drops whatever he's doing to take a phone call and his
rates are very reasonable. His workmanship is first class too. When I was
restoring my car, I wanted to do the mechanical stuff myself, so I had Don
do my paint and interior. Basically, he assembled the car but left the
drivetrain, cooling system and suspension up to me. He was quite happy to do
whatever part of the restoration that I wanted him to do. If I were doing
another Pantera restoration, I'd go back to him without a second thought.