[DeTomaso] Blow through carb for turbo

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Mar 23 16:41:02 EDT 2011

For the collective.

I have done fuel injection on superchargers and turbos using Fuel Metering
Units and Adjustable Regulators.

I am trying to save about $5000.00 by using a carb on my twin turbo
Cleveland.

Have a Lance Nist twin turbo set up for a 750cfm suck through that I am
changing to a blow through.

The carb for the 355 cu in is a 635cfm to 650, so will a 650 still work for
additional pressure from 6 to 10 lbs?
Do I use an adjustable regulator so my pressure to the carb will go from 7
to 17 lbs depending on the boost?

I have blow off valves and exhaust releases controled by the valves.

Will be running twin intercoiolers and maybe methanol injection.

Your thoughts on the carb and fuel pressures needed.

Thanks in advance,
jerry ( my zip is E-I-E-I-O) knotts
knottsj at galstar.com