[DeTomaso] powerjection fuel injection

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Mar 22 23:29:23 EDT 2011

Justin,

Thank you for the great write-up.  I have experience with a very early
Holley 2V Pro-Jection unit from the late 90's.  It wasn't very hard to
dial in, but it's an analog system with five dials on the box.  I have
it pretty close but not "the best."  It starts the engine right away and
the idle is good.   This is on my 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited.
Ever since then I've wanted to put EFI on my Mach I and my Pantera.  I'd
been leaning toward the Retrotek system.  I don't think this has
deterred me but it certainly has given me some insight.

Were there different fuel maps you could have chosen to start with?
It's been my experience selecting the small block is never the best.
For example, the engine I have the Holley system on is a 327, but as I
recall I set it to Big Block, 350's and above.  Were there any other V8
maps available to choose from?

Keep at it, you're probably really close to killer performance,
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA