[DeTomaso] master cylinder advice

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:48:20 EDT 2011

Sso i put together my own brake system using wilwood superlite 4 piston calipers up front.  I ended up using a ford master cylinder with a 7/8" bore, which i suspected was small.  As i begin to drive the car, i am finding a very soft, spongy pedal with a lot of travel.  I plan to go to a bigger bore master cylinder.  I could easily use the ford SVO 84-86 1.125" master cylinder, but I worry that might be too much the other way.  Although other fords have had 1" master cylinders, they generally have an angled reservoir which just looks funny, but wilwood makes a 1" master cylinder that is more money.

anyway, any suggestions 1 or 1.125"  justin