[DeTomaso] Heater control valve

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 22 19:33:31 EDT 2011

Larry
I don't want to beat this to death but...
I disagree.

ANY device that allows coolant coming from the water pump to come back to
the engine block without having to go through the radiator reduces the
cooling capacity of the system. If the heater core is an effective radiator,
then it would be the only exception. I doubt that is ever the case and most
of us don't want to drive around with the heater on high to help cool the
engine.

Any bypass of the radiator results in less cooling.
It's not just the thermostat that you are bypassing, it's also the radiator!

Respectfully
Barry