[DeTomaso] Gumball pantera reverse shifting issues back again

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 11:23:34 EDT 2011

Hello Friends,
Frustration has set in.....

I have a new master cylinder,new slave ,new speedbleeder valve on the slave
 .

Yesterday I pulled the baby out of the garage after a long winter .The car
shifted smoothly into reverse gear and off I went.

I drove approximately 15 miles at about 60mph and the car shifted thru
1-2-3-4-5 with no issues. I took her up to 100mph for a few short bursts and
all  was fine .

I pulled over into a parking lot and tried reverse gear . To my
astonishment....NO REVERSE....Just grinding so I backed off .If I shut the  engine off
I can shift into reverse and then start up and the ZF will go into
reverse.

I am running the ZF with Castrol Hypoid C  80/90W.

I am open to any and all ideas at this point .

Regards,
Bob Levitt