[DeTomaso] Valve train

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Mar 20 21:50:28 EDT 2011

Best guess...
Since it's a hydraulic system, the rocker needs to be adjusted
"just-right" with the proper pre-load.  If it's not, it may be too
loose.  The only other thing I can think of is that the lifter lost
enough pressure to -not- hold up and created slack on the pushrod.

If no damage was done, you got very lucky.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA