[DeTomaso] Valve train

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 20:43:49 EDT 2011

I just installed my new 408 Cleveland. Hyd rollercam. Guide plates girdle 7/16 studs, 3/8 push rods best parts. I specified a bullet proof valve train. Motor really comes on strong at 4 g rpm. Got on it hard for my spectators, it will break the tires at 4500 in 1 and 2nd.  Then a push rod came out from under a rocker, or off a lifter.  No damage, I put it back...  what gives... ? not enough spring pressure?  I have a 6000 rpm limit,, never hit it.. Ideas. should I be able to hear the valve train workin?  Bill 1362

If you want it SLICK.. bring it to SLICKUM Paint Shop www.slickpaint.com