[DeTomaso] New GR-4 & GR-5 wheels

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 03:58:17 EDT 2011

Cesare, due to the confusion to date, I’ve been asked to post a few open
questions on your upcoming reproduction ‘Campy’ wheels for DeTomasos:

* First, are they made in aluminum, magnesium or both?
If they’re of magnesium, in what alloy and to what heat-treat?
* Are the wheels fully finished - chromate coated and painted as the
originals were?
* What is the weight of a finished 10” x 15” wheel?
* What is the weight of a finished 14” x 15”   wheel?
* Are these wheels being tested or certified by any organization such as
the U.S. SAE or German TUV, to avoid lawsuits if there’s a failure-with-damage
or injury? One way that other manufacturers have done in the U.S. is to
mark “For Racing or Off-Road Use Only” on each wheel. But that makes using
them on the street something of a problem for our personal auto insurance.
* Also, is there any guarantee?
* What is the price (including shipping costs) for a single wheel (either
size)?
* What is the price (including shipping costs) for a set of two 10” x 15s
and two 14” x 15”s?
* Finally, how will they be shipped?
* Any estimate of shipping times from Europe to some central collection
area? I assume you will be using a U.S representative somewhere in the country
to take care of receiving, storage, import duties, shipping-damage claims
etc.
* Will you accept payment in dollars or must we use another country’s
currency? I've done business with the Swedish DeTomaso members, and paying in
Kronar (for example) was inconvenient and conversion & wire-transfer fees were
expensive.

Thanks- J DeRyke, POCA Tech Editor