[DeTomaso] Color Code - Paint

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 12:42:47 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/16/11 6 24 3, lance730 at msn.com writes:

> Trying to match stock body White for 88 GT5S - can anyone tell me, what
> make paint, or substitute, were these cars painted
> with a clear coat?  Is there a paint code?  I only need to paint a door,
> and small damage area,  not the whole car.

Is yours pearl, or just refrigerator white?

Charlie has the first GT5-S which was a factory pearl white, which is
almost impossible to match.   If you've got the same color, you might wind up
with the same situation he had.   His car had led a hard life and had been
spot-repaired here and there; half of it was pearl white but this door, that
fender etc. were simply refrigerator white with no pearl; it looked weird.

He finally bit the bullet and had the whole car painted; it's beautiful
now.

If your car doesn't have pearl in it, then you're in luck.   The factory
used Spies-Hecker paint in the 1980s.   The non-pearl white was called Bianco
Polo, and the Spies-Hecker paint code is 5200 152.