[DeTomaso] AC Compressor Source

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Mar 15 21:08:27 EDT 2011

All,

The AC on my Pantera was gutted when I bought the car. The evaporator and
hoses are still there but nothing else. I'm in the market for a new Rotary
compressor, will replace all hoses, will use my stock evaporator, and need
some expert advice.

I see reference to SD-508 and SD-50.  Which one and what is a good source?

Napa and Advance Auto Parts could not locate a Sankyo or Sanden from this
model number. Is there a make/model that would help them find the
compressor?

If I plan to use R-134, what is the criteria to choose flared fittings or
o-rings?

My radiator is in the stock position. Can I relocate my condenser up front
in that configuration?

If I relocate the condenser up front, is there preferred condenser that
fits?

Any help is appreciated. I really need to get the compressor ordered ASAP
and decide which condenser to get.

--
Rob