[DeTomaso] Campagnolo Paint preparation

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:08:28 EDT 2011

I agree, very interesting reading.

I don't use my Campys for anything but Concours events and I drive really
sanely getting to and from those trying to keep the car clean.
Although I have amassed a collection of them, I have 1 set completely
refinished with stickers, etc. 7/8's
I have another set of 2-7's and 1-8 ( the tire shop cracked the lip on the
other 8" removing an original Arriva )
and one more set of 7/8's in OK condition that could use refinishing if you
somebody picky.

There is no way I would ever use these at speed, on the track or just out
messing around with the car.

I would like to get a set of 10s to use with the 8's, just to have them, but
the ongoing problem of sourcing
performance tires prevents me from spending what appears to be "way to
much".

In fact, my plan is to go to 17 fronts and 18 rears when I get new wheels,
which I was going to do with the new Boyds but I needed another
order to meet the min New dealer requirement for a first order.  Since
nobody jumped on board, that plan remains on hold.
If anybody is interested, I'm ready ).

One day, I may use these for decor of some sort, don't currently have a man
cave large enough to handle two 30" round end tables
( 2 tires/wheels combos stacked on top of each other with a glass top ).
But hope to have a larger one eventually.

Michael