[DeTomaso] Campy wheel varients

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 17:52:39 EST 2011

In a message dated 3/9/11 12 40 32, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> In the mid '80s, DeTomaso offered 7" and 8" Campys with THREE slots or
> openings in the face, for late Euro narrow-body GTS. Single-slots are
> fairly
> rare but are known on pushbuttons. Two-slots are what everyone else with
> Campys
> runs. But I cannot find a photo in the archives of a Pantera or Longchamp
> GTS with three-slot Campy wheels. Anyone have such a photo? Thanks- J
> Deryke

That's because they were only ever used on the early pushmobile prototype,
and the very first few cars that were used in crash testing, etc.   They
were never offered on the production cars, and certainly not in the 80s.   It
can be seen on the original press release photos, early magazine articles
etc.   I'll send you a great photo.

There is a guy in Michigan who has a single three-slot wheel that he's been
trying to sell on E-bay for years; he wants an arm and a leg for it.