[DeTomaso] Fw: harmonic damper / balancer

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 11:14:54 EST 2011

Hi Larry,

FWIW, I weighed a '70 351C 4V damper with pt# 6316 C2 on outer ring and DOAE on inner ring. This was using bathroom scales and holding item -- minus my weight it weighed 10.5 lbs. I then weighed a Professional Products damper for 351C pt# 80006 with adapter ring 91011 and .350 spacer 81006 and also got weight of 10.5 lbs. ( note: the ring and spacer makes unit fore to aft dimensions same as OEM unit ). The PP unit is going on the engine I'm now building for the Pantera. These are heavier than the 351C 2V  pt# D2EA  6316 B2 A units. I didn't weigh one of them but I have a couple around here.

The one I took off of my Pantera ( the outer ring has rotated and slipped forward ) is pt# D1ZE AB - 6316 - AB. I got a rebuilt one from Damper Doctor ( ph. 530-246-2984 ) for $65. plus 20 core and 15 shipping for total of 100. It is on the Pantera now. I ordered a #3512 and their paper work calls out D1ZE-AB __ D7TE-BA__ D7TE-AA __ D7TZ-A  // With reference to 77 - 79 351  79 400. I received a D7TE-BA (E)  6316  7RG.  Each of these weighed ( again bathroom scales ) ~ 10 lbs.

Damper Doctor lists the Boss damper at 1 lb heaver shipping weight and old school thought was heaver is better. I ordered what was to be the same number that I had, because I wanted to stick to Pantera OEM. I was getting ready to run SORC so didn't take time argue or return.

Hope this is of some use.

Bud #3400 (The 7 Banger)