[DeTomaso] harmonic damper / balancer

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 14:17:48 EST 2011

Larry,

The weight of the new damper should be of little consequence as long as it's not advertised as a 'lightweight' damper. If it's designed for a Cleveland it will have a 28oz imbalance to properly offset/balance the rest of the rotating assembly. When I was shopping for a damper I found most aftermarket SFI dampers fell within a 3 pound range (not including the 'lightweight' dampers that are available). Unfortunately, I don't recall the weights of the different brands I looked at.

I have a 'Scat' Powerforce+PLUS Series 9000 SFI damper (D-90006). This is the same one Brent Stewart is using on his car. It's a nice piece! And a relative bargain compared to the same part ordered directly from Powerforce.

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/scat-dampers.html

Cheers!
Garth