[DeTomaso] Projects which slow you down

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Mar 6 21:08:39 EST 2011

An individual brighter than I has said, 'The truth, if it exists, is in the
details' .  Never more true than working with paint prep.  I hope the paint
finish looks as good up close as it does in the pics.

We will also be using a Sata gun.  Although PPG BCC single stage for the
engine bay.  We are matching what was sprayed on the exterior. Our first
attempt at color went poorly, as I have previously discussed, with Texas
sized naval orange peel.  We've

sanded back to smooth and will retry with better technique and a new gun.

The work on the heaterbox is outrageous.  Appears you have mastered the box
metal brake as well.

I'll get pics.

JT