[DeTomaso] QA1 coil over shocks?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 19:45:52 EST 2011

In a message dated 3/3/11 12 11 21, cmccann1972 at gmail.com writes:

> Has anyone on the list installed QA1 shocks on their Pantera? Do you know
> what model (aluma-matic, ultras, proma star) was used and which sub model?

I had Carrera shocks on my car (QA1 purchased Carrera years ago) from Larry
Stock.   Wilkinson and Stock both sell the same ones, which are
non-adjustable (ride height only).   Wilkinson's come with the proper 450 front/550
rear spring rates, while Larry's are MUCH too soft.   I didn't know that, and
so I eventually traded mine away and got Konis.   Had I known, I would have
simply purchased the proper springs and been very happy with them, I suspect.

All other things being equal, I'd get them from Wilkinson.   They come with
the necessary machined adapters to allow you to bolt them to the Pantera,
something that won't be true if you buy the shocks elsewhere.   They are more
expensive from the vendors, but if you then have to pay to have custom
adapters machined, you'll wind up spending more I suspect.