[DeTomaso] The "new" Pantera - November, 2011

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Wed Mar 2 21:26:50 EST 2011

I thought I'd never see the day...am I dreaming?
Could you imagine having two bad cats built 40 years apart , both in your stable?
Well,come November we'll fur shur have something to talk about heh?

Ok so the concept car makes it's debut,and we love it. Or not.
Next is if it's produced ,how many? Would it be a limited run such as the Ford GT? Or a continuing model like the BMW Mini?
If it is a limited run,say about the same numbers as the original run some 40+ years ago I have a suggestion to the new owner...

Current Pantera owners given 1st opportunity on the pre-orders list. Ok I said it.
Why not reward the loyal keepers of the breed? C'mon there's only a few thousand of us.
If the car is good and the price is fair and available stateside I would strongly consider it.
But it makes good business sense.They are assured some initial pre-launch orders and why not give that decision to the potential buyers who already own one.Or two.
We are easily the best prospects for that target group as our proven demographics would suggest to those that track that sort of thing.
Kinda sounds like a job for our own smooth talking ambassador of the world, Mr. Mike Drew. If he can do bag tags,he can do cars.

We'll see what November brings! I'm looking forward to it. These are fun times for all things DeTomaso and hopefully Ford.
Where they gonna get all them Clevelands?

Larry wins the breaking news award of the year, so far anyway. Thanks Scoop!

Matt
3584

Message: 33