[DeTomaso] Radiator Update

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 16:27:14 EST 2011

In a message dated 3/2/11 1:00:54 PM, fresnofinches writes:

> FWIW, I had several discussions with Bill at Ron Davis Radiators.
> He had no 'official' recommendation, but said his choice for street was
> 1/4 Prestone, 3/4 water. AND to use a bottle of Red Line water wetter. This
> will protect down to about 10 degrees, which is fine for most of us here in
> CA.
>
> In short, the lower the percentage of anti-freeze, the better the heat
> absorption.
>  Larry

True- most things added to plain water reduce heat absobtion by simple
displacement. But also the less antifreeze, the less of the acid-neutralizing
chemicals in it that keep some local water from dissolving radiators, water
pumps and other stuff in contact. One more thought: if you're so close on
cooling capacity that adding antifreeze pushes your car into overheating,
there's something else wrong with the setup....FWIW- J DeRyke