[DeTomaso] helmets

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Tue Mar 1 17:00:11 EST 2011

Any Snell rated helmet is going to meet all safety requirements so from that stand point spending more doesn't necessarily get you more. The more expensive helmets however are a lot lighter and more comfortable! And that can make a big difference at the end of a long day at the track. They're also more likely to hold up better. I'm mostly talking about little things like the chin strap padding starting to fray, the face shield sealing foam coming loose etc.

As somebody else suggested it's best if you can try it on in person, but if there's nowhere in your area to do that most of the good online retailers will exchange it for free if it doesn't fit. I've had good luck with www.saferacer.com and there's other good ones as well.

Good luck,

Gray