[DeTomaso] My trip to Castle Rock.

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Jun 29 14:59:51 EDT 2011

A while back, I mentioned I was working every other week in Denver and asked
if there were any Pantera folks that would like to get together. Asa,
Charles Engles, Dan Courtney, and Richard Greenblum all chimed in to suggest
I take a trip to Castle Rock to see Dennis Quella at Pantera Performance.  I
checked out his website to get a preview but it didn't give me much
information. In my two years of restoration, I had heard of Dennis but never
contacted him or purchased anything from him.

I setup an appointment and yesterday took a short trip to Pantera
Performance where he had 8 customer Panteras in various states of
rebuild/modification, 1 tube-frame racing Pantera, a personal project
Pantera, and 2 wrecks that will never see the road again.  He, Becky, and
his son were great. We swapped stories, he gave me many ideas on what I can
do with my car, and he certainly expanded my wish list.  If it weren't for
the fact that I live in Florida and that I get severe withdraws when I don't
get to talk to my car at least once a week, Dennis would surely be working
on it for parts of my car's journey.  Don't let his sparse web page fool you
like it did me. He has just about anything you may need and is eager to
help.

Thank you all for suggesting I take the trip. 3 hours of visiting with
Dennis went by in a flash. I encourage anybody else who hasn't yet met
Dennis or seen his facility to contact him.

Rob