[DeTomaso] gumball pantera overflow water tank question

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 13:54:17 EDT 2011

Dear Group,

First .....HAPPY JULY 4TH TO ALL

My car overflow tank and pressure tank where recently restored and  painted
.

After installation I noticed that the overflow tank is higher than the
pressure tank. (Radiator caps are not even) Is that the way the tanks  should
be or should the overflow be lower than the pressure tank.

The reason I am asking is because the other night when the car was cold I
opened the pressure tank to put in more antifreeze. I had the back of the
car  jacked up and I proceeded to add antifreeze to the pressure tank. I
filled to the top of the neck and then started the car with the cap off. As the
car heated up the antifreeze was pouring out of the pressure tank . Is that
 because the thermostat was not opened yet? I hurried to close the  system
so the antifreeze would stop pouring out. Should I have waited for  the
level to go down before rushing to get the radiator cap back  on?

Suggestions?

Regards,
Bob  Levitt