[DeTomaso] Track ride height

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 16:53:45 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/28/11 13 36 39, ehpantera at yahoo.com writes:

> I have new adjustable shocks and now need to adjust their ride height for
> track use. I would appreciate recommendations.

Very generally, you want the lower rear A-arms to be parallel, or almost
parallel to the ground (the car slightly raised, with the A-arms drooping
downwards just slightly, is preferable--if you go past parallel and lower the
car behind the point where the A-arms are level/parallel with the ground you
start messing up the suspension curve.

The front end should be set so that there is slight nose-down rake.
Measure the body at the front and rear of the rocker panels (between the wheels);
the front should be slightly lower than the rear.