[DeTomaso] Sad day in Holland...:<(

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 13:26:45 EDT 2011

All,

I got this from Simon Vels in Amsterdam:

====

Now I don’t know the owner/driver of the car ,I think he’s sitting on the
last photo on the side
On another movie somebody ells step out the right side of the car
 The lady who’s died  was an important lady from the historic car scene in
Holland ,she stand near the finish.
It was an go and stop run ,go by the start and stop at the finish, and then
make a little talk whit the organization about the car that’s the reason
they are standing on the road
The car was going fast and by the stop at the finish blocked the brake’s
(no ABS) and go in a slip true the safety reels and people
The people who are wounded and died standing on the road
I feel terrible also
Simon

====

And here's the most dramatic photo of all--taken at the instant of the
accident:

http://www.destentor.nl/multimedia/dynamic/02031/ongelukdev_2031816q.jpg

Clearly he just lost it under braking and the car snapped to the right,
plowing right into the people who were standing on the WRONG side of the
barrier designed to protect them from just this sort of incident. :<(