[DeTomaso] steering rack....Again??!!Bump steer and noises

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 12:42:19 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/28/11 7 41 38, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> Man I am confused on my Push Button A Arm Bushings.  Mine look nothing
> like the pantera site.
> My a arms have zero metal in the bushings.  I can pull the extremely hard
> poly out of each side with one finger and there is no metal bushing inside
> the a arms.there is a round metal appearing washer on most of the a arms
> mounts on my frame though.These are hard machined poly like I use on my Buick
> Race car.
> Are they the wrong ones or did the washers come off the ends and fuse with
> my frame?  Either way I thought bushings were hard to removed I could
> shake these out almost!A 2 year old could easily pull all these bushings out of
> my a arm.
> Clay
> Is this another weird Push Button thing?

Clay sent me photos of his bushings.   Initialy I thought they don't appear
to fit the A-arms at all.

Then I figured out that he faked me out!   Both ends have been slightly
withdrawn from the A-arm, which then shows a bunch of clearance.   Right Clay?

That photo seems to show bushings which aren't fully installed, but in all
other respects appear perfectly normal.

You say your bushings have zero metal--yet there should be a steel sleeve
in the center, through which the mounting bolt passes.   The washers you
mention are normally welded to the mounting tabs on the chassis.

I see absolutely nothing unusual here.