[DeTomaso] Sad day in Holland...:<(

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 12:03:51 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Over the weekend, there was a sprint run called the Brouwers Boulevard
Sprint in the town of Deventer, in Holland.

A driver in a race-prepared Pantera wiped out just after the start.   (The
car in question was Bud Greene's beautifully-prepared car, later owned by
Matt Merritt, and still wearing the "Hollywood Panteras" windshield banner).

Five people were injured, and one of the course marshals was killed. :<(

Here's video of the start; the crash takes place out of view at the end of
the straight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwdxA4bAcY

Here's the aftermath....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOU1cn9zT7U

News video:

http://www.zie.nl/video/algemeen/Gewonden-bij-auto-evenement-Deventer/m1ezpj
ofu2fy

Still photos of the car:

http://media.nu.nl/m/m1ezpkiawruy_700.jpg
http://media.nu.nl/m/m1ezpkia9svb_700.jpg
http://media.nu.nl/m/m1ezpk0ad4fp_700.jpg

I feel terrible for all concerned.   Do we know the current owner/driver of
this car?

The event was organized by a fellow named Bert van den Dool, and he was one
of those injured.